Here are some of the other, lesser known health benefits associated with this ancient grain:
• TastyTeff contains 20% to 40% resistant starches and has a low glycemic index (GI) rating – this makes it a great choice for diabetics to help manage blood sugar.
• The high fiber content of TastyTeff is great for regulating digestion, helping relieve issues with diarrhea and constipation.
• One serving of TastyTeff provides 10% each of your daily recommended value for vitamin B6 and zinc, nutrients essential for healthy cardiovascular, digestive, muscular, and nervous system function as well as strong immunity.
• TastyTeff is naturally low in sodium, making it a heart-healthy choice for people with high blood pressure or other cardiovascular risk factors.
• A single serving of TastyTeff contains 69% of your daily recommended value for magnesium, a mineral essential for healthy function of the muscular, nervous, and cardiovascular systems.
• TastyTeff tops the charts for calcium content among ancient grains, containing 123 mg/1 cup cooked which is five times as much as whole wheat.
• Most grains don’t contain significant amounts of calcium, but TastyTeff does – it is very beneficial for the immune system as well as healthy bones and tissues.